The UK Government has announced the end of sale of new petrol and diesel cars in the UK by 2030. This will put the UK on course to be the fastest G7 country to decarbonise cars and vans. Part of the plan includes £1.3 billion to accelerate the roll out of charge points for electric vehicles in homes, streets across the UK and on motorways across England, so people can more easily and conveniently charge their cars.
Q Electrical now offer full charging solutions, including hardware, software and installation for domestic and commercial purposes. Our engineers can carry out a full assessment beforehand to see if a charging point is possible at your site or home. They will then supply, install and show you how it works.
Driven by the falling cost of electric vehicles, increased infrastructure, and government lead policies and incentives; there is no better time to invest in electric vehicles and charging in your own home or workplace. The “OLEV Grant” refers to a government grant for electric car home chargers, provided by the Office for Low Emission Vehicles (OLEV).
• The OLEV Grant, specifically named the Electric Vehicle Homecharge Scheme (EVHS), provides up to £350 off the cost of purchasing & installing a home charging point.
• It’s available for most electric cars and plug-in hybrid cars, old or new.
• You can claim one charge point per eligible vehicle and up to two eligible vehicles per household.
• An additional grant of up to £250 is available to Scottish EV drivers via the Energy Savings Trust Scotland.
• OLEV also offer the separate Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) grant which can be claimed by any business, charity or public authority and provides up to £350 off the cost of purchasing & installing workplace charging points, up to 40 sockets.
The Workplace Charging Scheme (WCS) is a grant that businesses can use to reduce the cost of installing electric vehicle charge points for their staff by up to £14,000.
• The WCS grant is capped at £350 per charge point socket up to 40 sockets per applicant business.
• It’s available to any business, charity or public authority, with some conditions.
• The grant is provided by the government Office for Low Emissions Vehicles.
We are offering a free site assessment to see whether you are eligible for a charging point and how much you could save by installing them. Get in touch today at [email protected] to book in your free site assessment.